The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Safe mode start Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello there!

While I have given up on using OW to view any YouTube type videos or sites, sometimes people embed videos on their websites.

Which ends up leading to a big crash for me.

Then when I restart OW it goes and starts reloading all the pages that were open at the time of the crash, which is a feature I really love!

The problem is that the offending page causes OW trauma again, and OmniGroup CrashCatcher is in my face before I can try to close the offending window/page.

So, a feature that I would like is that the maybe the CrashCatcher can toggle a flag that when OW is restarted it opens all of the windows/pages but does not load them, and puts up a little box with a stop/go option. I can go through my windows/pages and close the ones that aren't crucial, or the offending page if I know which one it is. Then I can click on the go button, and it will start loading the windows/pages.

Anyway, after dealing with the CrashCatcher several times tonight(you guys already know what it is, so I won't bother you with the reports), I would really appreciate this feature.

SC

Nobody?

I'm on my third restart for unknown reasons, and my second system reboot, in fifteen minutes.

SC

If you hold down the shift key on startup, OmniWeb will boot into a new, blank workspace. You can then nuke the offending pages from the Workspaces window before switching back over to the other workspace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
If you hold down the shift key on startup, OmniWeb will boot into a new, blank workspace. You can then nuke the offending pages from the Workspaces window before switching back over to the other workspace.
Thanks Brian! I will have to try to remember that!

SC

The delete key, CMD X, forward delete don't do anything, and there is no response from a right click on the possibly offending window in the workspace window.

So how do you delete a page from the workspace window?

Also, since I have OW to start at launch I would still maybe prefer the method I mentioned up above. I could come up with the same window that asks me about the Global History deal.

Thanks again!

SC

Ok, sooooo I'm missing something obvious then?

SC

You can only delete entire groups of Tabs from the Workspace window manager, not individual tabs. For me the easiest way to solve a crash problem due to a specific tab is to go offline temporarily, launch OmniWeb and open the problem Workspace then close the problem tab. Quit, go back online then re-launch. That way I don't lose any other tabs.

Ok, that's a good iDea!

SC