The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Force Search-bar searches to new tab Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I looked around for this and I don't see an option to set this in OmniWeb. I'd like it if as soon as I hit enter in the search-bar, it opened a new tab to display the results.

What about Command + Enter to open in a new tab? This way if you wanted to open it in the current tab you could just hit enter, new tab hit Command-Enter.

We have a request for this in our database...

I thought I'd also add that you can do this through the address bar now. Each shortcut has keyword that can be typed into the address bar in order to access it. So for instance you could do this:

In the address bar type: "google your search terms"

without the quotes. This will do a search for "your search terms" at google and return the results in the same tab or in a new tab if you hit Command-Enter.

command enter is ok.

i'd really prefer to be able to just have it always open in a new tab (because that is how I do it in Firefox) but it isn't a showstopper.