The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestion or Feature Request: Loose Schedule? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey All,

The following is an issue that I usually resolved w/ pen and paper but as I move to an all electronic solution I find my self perplexed as what to do...

Situation: I have about 10 Action items (all errands) that need to get done today. (It's my weekend on Tuesday) Because gas is so expensive I want to pre plan my trip so that I go the shortest distance. Which means that I need to hit my action items in a certain order.

SO, I want to create a loose schedule that I can say, "Action 1 - Done. Now take Route 2 to Location B and complete NA."

You see, ICal wants to tie these actions to a specific time but I want to keep it pretty fluid as these actions are not time sensitive nor tied to any specific schedule AND if I get interrupted by something else I need to simply put these back in their normal context and get to it when possible.

Right now, I just marked all of these actions as Due Soon and use that "Context" in the IPhone App to keep me on course and the I print out a Google Map and mark each location.

I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions to: A) Streamline the process or B) Create a Open Schedule for these action items.

OR

Should I just suggest this as a bloat feature. (meaning that there won't be a real way to add this) but perhaps i can send it out to the Developer-Sphere?

To me it's a trip planner but having it tied to OmniFocus would be awesome.

Strike that. Having OmniFocus for the iPhone Connect w/ the Defalt Maps App and Mail AND contacts would be awesome but I'm sure that's already in the workds for version 10x. :D

Enough Rambling...any thoughts?