The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

any way to get a list of bullet points into OO? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to transfer a list from Mori. Is there a way to get a list that looks something like this into OO (imagine some of these are indented, I couldn't figure out how to do it here), so that I can each bullet point into its own row without doing it one-by-one? Maybe it's possible with a script? I wouldn't know how to make one.

- A
- B
- C
- D

I'd aslo like to know how to make bullets in a text area. I'm amazed no one has responded to this prior message from months ago. Guess that means there's no way to add bullets?

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcordell
I'd aslo like to know how to make bullets in a text area. I'm amazed no one has responded to this prior message from months ago. Guess that means there's no way to add bullets?

M
The previous message was talking about OmniOutliner, not OmniGraffle...

Hmmm, when you show the ruler, OmniGraffle like TextEdit has the lists menu which should let you do this, but it doesn't work properly (when you press enter, the second bullet isn't created - OmniGraffle Pro 4.1.2 btw).

For both OmniOutliner and OmniGraffle you can use TextEdit (N.B. I think this is only possible since OS X 10.4) as the intermediate to get a bullet point list into text areas - simply copy and paste to OmniOutliner/OmniGraffle:

If it is possible, OmniGroup just need to add the built-in system function to OmniOutliner and OmniGraffle in a way that works.

Last edited by JKT; 2006-09-18 at 10:40 PM..