The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keynote cannot open exported file Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I always use Omnioutliner to create an outline of my keynote presentation. Then I export the outline to a keynote file and use that file to build my presentation. That works well and I've use this workflow for years.

Yesterday, I exported an outline to keynote using both Omnioutliner 3 and 4. In both cases, I got an error message stating that the presentation cannot be opened because it is too old and I should open it with Keynote '09 first.

Well, I do not have Keynote '09. Are there any plans to update the format of the keynote file exported from Omnioutliner or are there an tricks I can use to open the file in Keynote 6.1?

Why hasn't anyone responded to this yet? The original poster and I couldn't be the only ones with this problem.

We do not yet know how we are going to address this issue. Our Keynote exporter uses the Keynote 1 format from 2003 which was surprisingly supported through version 5. The various Keynote file formats have never been documented so we can't simply adopt the new format. We are aware of your desire for a compatible format with Keynote 6 though and are looking for solutions.

How about exporting as a MS PowerPoint file? Keynote can open powerpoint files.

Understand the technical challenge here, but just adding my vote to hopefully get this solved somehow.

Cheers.

Me too, just figure out some way to export from Outliner to presentation format. I simply don't understand why this is not getting resolved, it would be such a fantastic feature!

Not perfect but it will get you the iWorks 09 Keynote again.

Install the trial from here:

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Busines...iWork-06.shtml

Install the old version (it should put it within an iWorks folder in your Applications folder, so your new versions should remain untouched.)

Then you can use your old serial number from Apple to register it. I was lucky enough to find it in my mail backups (yay MailSteward)

It is frustrating you can not get the serial numbers from your account page on Apple like you used to. But if you have not got a record of your serial, they might be able to dig yours out.

(or not)

Then get the 9.3 update from Apple here

This makes it work in Mavericks

(It is a kick to the crotch that they still provide the update file but not the original or serials. Oh well.)

And tada, it should work again.

Good luck

The link below is for a site which provides details about the iWork '13 file formats (.

Maybe it will help you.

https://github.com/obriensp/iWorkFil.../Docs/index.md