The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Preventing projects from being deleted when complete Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I reported a bug sometime back where selecting multiple items and changing that checkbox doesn't stick. Changing one project or action group at a time works, but not batch changing several. Is that what's happening here?
I notice that batch setting of the 'completed by children' property of several selected projects seems to be working (and surviving at least a quit and reload) in the current 1.8 sneaky peeks.

(Based on projects where completed by children is true|false tests in Where in OF)

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 08:19 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
I notice that batch setting of the 'completed by children' property of several selected projects seems to be working (and surviving at least a quit and reload) in the current 1.8 sneaky peeks.
achrysos, are you running 1.7.x or the 1.8 sneaky peeks?

Curt

I'm running the current version (1.9.3) and the same is happening to me. It seems that this may be related to synching (I mostly sync with iPad; less frequently with iPhone).

I'm trying this all with "Single Actions" projects. And with some, it seems to persist. When I uncheck the option ("Mark complete when completing last item" in Project Inspector), it does get saved. After closing / re-opening OmniFocus, it's still there.

However, after a while, it will be checked again (and I'm certainly not the one checking it ;-) ). I just synched the Mac App, then the iPad App, then the Mac App again. Still unchecked.

Then, I changed one item in a project that had it unchecked, on the iPad ("+1 day" on both start and due). Synched iPad, synched Mac - and the checkbox was active again.

So, this should reproduce it. At least on MobileMe-sync (which is what I'm using).

I, too, have been seeing this kind of behavior. I'm unable to reproduce it, but I have created Single Action projects for each of my family members as well as Single Action Work:Priority and Work:Miscellaneous projects several times each. They always seem to disappear, presumably when I complete the last action in the list. I don't notice it until the next time I want to add a task to the project that I *know* I created at one point but is no longer there.

I wonder if it has something to do with syncing to my iPod Touch, but, as I said, I am unable to reproduce it.

I've just moved over to OmniSync - and it's still happening there as well, with all the most recent versions of OmniFocus (on iPad, iPhone and Mac).

I'm also "sending feedback" on this - hopefully this will eventually get fixed because it's really annoying (usually what happens is that suddenly, some project "magically disappeared" because obviously I don't always check that checkbox and frequently don't immediately notice a project disappeared; especially if it's one that I'm only using sparingly).

I have good news: I just tried to reproduce the issue, and wasn't able to. The reason was because I changed the default setting in OmniFocus for Mac to "unchecked". So, now this issue still happens when I have a project with the flag checked (the bug then unchecks the flag when there's changes on the iPad that are being synced back to the Mac) - but that's something I can live with.

So, to be more precise in the description of the issue:

OmniFocus for Mac has projects reset to the default value as set in "Preferences / Data / Projects & Action Groups / When completing the last item ( ) Mark the project or group complete" when there are changes being made in the project on the iPad which are being synced back (I tried renaming the project and adding / ticking off items).

So, at least for me, there's a workaround that's "good enough".