The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF Dashboard Widget: OmniFidget (Leopard Only) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Yusing it internally some of us found that it actually had a unique use: Focusing our attention on one thing that was buried in all the other things we could do.
Yes, the widget is surprisingly cut and dry about your NeXT Action list. I find it pretty useful in the way it prevents you from working in planning mode. I know that's obvious, but just using the widget showed me how often I tend to work out of Planning mode instead of Context or NeXT Action mode. Kinda interesting for me.

It seems like the only features OmniFidget needs are:

1. Read potential actions from a perspective. That way you can set up whatever subset of actions you'd like to fidget on. Since I'm a programmer I have basically one big context: Internet. However, sometimes I'd like to knock out Work Project actions and sometimes I'd like to knock out Home Projects.

2. Display more information about the task. In fact, you could read that from the perspective too. That way I can "No" actions that take longer than I'd like to fidget for.

BTW, I have been dreaming of just such a tool! Great job! If someone on the Omni team implements these two features, I will personally take them out for a drink (or offer them a free lunch at Google). I work in Seattle. :)

The widget seemed to work great with 1.0, but I'm having trouble getting the widget to pick up my actions with the 1.1 Sneaky Peek. It will pick up my contexts OK, even when I add or remove them--but I never get any actions. Has anyone had any luck with OmniFidget and 1.1?

clicking on the "i" does nothing for me, either. I'm running OS 10.4.11. I had this problem before installing seakypeak 1.1 and after, too. Must I install Leopard for this to work? thanks.

Yes, this widget only works on Leopard.

I'm having trouble with the Widget. Seems that it picks up anything at random in my library. I'm able to Click NO and at random it will pick dropped projects, projects on hold, and rarely does it give me any next actions. =/ I've asked it to only provide email, web and mac next actions but it goes all over the place.

I'm running 1.1 sneaky peak and leopard 10.5.3 or whatever we are up to now. There are so many times I could use this between calendar appointments but I'll just have to wait for an update. Perhaps you guys could bundle it together w/ the launch of 1.1. =)

Any suggestions or...is there a way to delete it all together so I can try an fresh install?

To delete a widget altogether:
  • Activate the Dashboard
  • Click the circle-plus symbol at the lower-left
  • Click Manage Widgets
  • Scroll to the widget you wish to delete. Only non-default widgets can be deleted. These are marked by a minus sign in a red circle.
  • Click the minus sign.

Curt

Hey! I deleted and reinstalled it and now it seems to be working correctly. I'll let you know if anything gets fishy. Thanks! i r wnat 2 b mac nerd >.< sumday, kkthxbai

Hi ... I can't get the widget to work. I've installed it multiple times, and it never recognizes that OF is running. Is there something else that I need to do in order to make that work? Thanks.

Are you running 10.4 or 10.5? It doesn't work with 10.4, at all.