The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

history problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
today omniweb hung and I had to reboot.
after that on loading omniweb was telling me that I had to delete my history file or quit because another machine on the network was using my hisory file and it cannot be shared.

well there is no other machine on my network. The name of the other machine was actually the network name for this machine in my router software.

after much soul-searching i did agree to delete my history because when i refused to do this omniweb was quitting on me. To my surprise, my history file remained there when i tried to search it after omniweb loaded.

Is there a fix or workaround to this weird problem of having the app request I delete my omniweb history file?
On reflection, i do have bookmarks in the shared bookmark folder. could this be the cause?

thanks,
marc

Hi, this dialog that you were seeing is actually for your history index which stores the full text of the pages in your history, not the individual pages and URLs, those are stored in a seperate file.

In the future, you can work around this problem by deleting the lock file that OmniWeb placed on your history index. To do this:

1.) Open a finder window and browse to ~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5/
2.) Locate and remove the file called "HistoryIndex.ox.lock" you should see a similarly titled file or two that you can leave alone.

Now restart OmniWeb, the dialog should no longer appear.

Last edited by troyb; 2008-12-23 at 03:38 PM..

troy-
thanks for this
-marc