The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Freedom Force incompatible with Snow Leopard? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I remember correctly, the Omni Group was in charge of the 'Freedom Force' port for MacPlay back in the days.

While the game works fine under Mac OS X Leopard, it seems to be incompatible with Snow Leopard. I've tried to start it up this morning to no avail. The application becomes unresponsive and I get the following 'FF.err' log file:

PYTHON: 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback

'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
glob: Undefined error: 0
glob: No such file or directory
glob: No such file or directory
cpu time = 0x0000041b : 0x01f6e652
cpu time = 0x0000041b : 0x01f8714e
System processor count is 2

I was hoping that someone from the Omni Group could find the time to look into the matter and maybe release a patch to let the game run again?

I believe that's what happened for 'Oni' at one time (which the Omni Group ported).

(BTW 'Oni' runs fine under 10.6 as far as I can tell.)

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for all. Best.

To complete my previous post, here is a sample of the hung 'Freedom Force' process.

Best.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FF process sample.txt.zip (29.7 KB, 518 views)

Quote:
I was hoping that someone from the Omni Group could find the time to look into the matter and maybe release a patch to let the game run again?
With Freedom Force, we were working under contract and don't have the right to publish new updates.

Quote:
I believe that's what happened for 'Oni' at one time (which the Omni Group ported).
The situation with Oni was a little different: we were working independently, and acquired permission to distribute our updates to keep it running. I'm glad to hear Oni is still working for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
With Freedom Force, we were working under contract and don't have the right to publish new updates.
Thank you for the update.

So, as far as I understand, the game is orphaned: MacPlay has been folded into MumboJumbo, which doesn't offer any support for the MacPlay games themselves.

If you can't release an update officially, would you be able to post an _unofficial_ patch? The game works perfectly under Leopard. I don't know what the problem is under 10.6, but if it's only minor, maybe a small patch could do the trick.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

Best.