The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

cPanel (A2hosting etc.) & WebDAV (Web Disk) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use A2hosting.com for web site hosting, and just found "Web Disk" in cPanel (where apps etc. are configured). Note: cPanel is available on some other hosting sites as well. Based on what I've read elsewhere, it appears that uses WebDAV. Anyone tried this out with OmniFocus yet? Just curious. I may have time to fiddle with it this weekend.

Bob

Last edited by omnibob; 2008-07-10 at 05:22 PM..

my host uses cpanel webdisk, and it is indeed webDAV.

I had problems getting the first sync to work, so I copied my database from ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus to the server before turning on Sync and things seem to be going okay since. The symptom I was seeing before was "in progress" files littered all over the directory.

That's promising, thanks.

I'm trying to get ready for the iPhone OF software. I've setup a WebDav server and can access it as a webdisk.

I could never get OF 1.1 to do the initial sync, it would only create empty folders with a name containing "copy-in-progress".

I followed the suggestion of some others in this forum and copied ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus to the WebDav share.

Attempts to sync after that don't complain, but aren't successful either. I end up with files which contain "write-in-progress" in the name. These are never renamed, leaving many "write-in-progress" files behind.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I've been waiting for iPhone OF for a LONG time and I need to get this working as quickly as I can.

Help!

cPanel "Web Disk" is indeed webDAV.

I just setup a user and I can connect via Finder (Go > Connect to server) or using Transmit webDAV option...

Unfortunately, when I try to synch with OF, it does ask me for a password, so the initial connection seems to work but when I enter account info, I get:

"Unable to authenticate with WebDAV Server. Please check that the user name and password you provided are correct."

I copy+pasted those so something else is going on... Gonna try and check Apache logs and report back if I figure it out. In the meantime, if anyone got it working, please let us know if you did anything special... Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yann View Post
I get:

"Unable to authenticate with WebDAV Server. Please check that the user name and password you provided are correct."

I copy+pasted those so something else is going on...
You can look in cPanel webdisk section to double-check what it should be.

I think it expects the entire "username@domain.com" as your username. Did you try that?

I got past that but can't get past the "in progress" file problems.

Good luck.

thanks for the reply - but yeah, I did - I can loggin WebDAV via Finder and Transmit... so that's not the problem... searching searching... :)

update: I'm now at my 3rd webdav server setup and I keep on getting the same error (while they all work fine via Finder and Transmit). I give up and will email omni support to try to get this fixed.

Last edited by yann; 2008-07-11 at 07:33 AM..

Weird - I have A2 hosting and am trying to use the webdisk method. I put the url of the webdisk I set up into OF as "https://www.MYDOMAINNAME.com/webdavstorage/" (where webdavstorage is the name of the webdisk I created in cpanel)

When I try to sync all I get is an error that says "expired server certificate" with no opprotunity to input username or password.

Any thoughts? I will be buying the full application and its iphone counterpart if I can get them to work with my a2 hosting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlowen View Post
I put the url of the webdisk I set up into OF as "https://www.MYDOMAINNAME.com/webdavstorage/" (where webdavstorage is the name of the webdisk I created in cpanel)

When I try to sync all I get is an error that says "expired server certificate" with no opprotunity to input username or password.
I'm guessing "webdavstorage" is the username. So, try specifying the path as "https://www.MYDOMAINNAME.com/". It'll probably then ask for username and password, and when you enter them send you to the home directory for that user (which is https://www.MYDOMAINNAME.com/webdavstorage/).

Don't forget, it probably wants you to enter username as "webdavstorage@MYDOMAINNAME.com".

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlowen View Post

Can you mount the share in the finder? If so you might be able to get around the certificate message by accepting it there.