The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

give columns an indent Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi to all

have a spreadsheet which displays characteristics of certain essential oils written right next to the name of the oil itself, thus looking like that:

oil01 "name in latin01" "general system affected01"
oil02 "name in latin02" "general system affected02" ..

which I would need now in an indented form:

oil01
"name in latin01"
"general system affected01"

oil02
"name in latin02"
"general system affected02" ..

Spreadsheet is available in XLS or tab-separeted TXT format

Q: does anybody know of a script / utility inside or outside OO that would allow me to convert the file accordingly?

Find attached a little Applescript that converts all the columns beyond the topic column into children rows, then deletes the columns. You can open your tab-delimited spreadsheet in OO, then run this script and get what you requested.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Convert extra columns to children.zip (2.2 KB, 947 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Find attached a little Applescript that converts all the columns beyond the topic column into children rows, then deletes the columns. You can open your tab-delimited spreadsheet in OO, then run this script and get what you requested.
worked like a charm.
many thanks!