The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 6.0 - The Wish List Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know a lot of requests in this post relate to saving of forms which is something near and DEAR to my heart since I develop sites for a living.

After using OW, FF, Safari, Opera, yada.. yada... browsers and never finding the holy grail of browsers that supported this, I took matters into my own hands. I broke out my wallet.

Ha! I use a killer little app that works in ALL the browsers and popular RSS news readers that remembers, autofills, washes your car etc. plugin. It's called 1passwd (http://1passwd.com/). Buy it!

OW, FF, Safari and all the other browsers will always have something you WISH you had in which ever browser you use. I bounce around browsers sice I have to make sure my sites render correctly in all of them. This utility has saved me easily 100+ hours of productivity time just in filling out forms that I need to test in each browser. Guess, what, it integrates with OW as well.

I have my own list of things for OW as well. I for one like the way Safari works as an RSS reader. I like the single page view with the slider to adjust the amount of content I want to see. I like the options on the right to contol how my RSS is displayed. Safari has a VERY capable RSS news reader. It's not perfect but it's good enough for the 90%'tile. If you want to see how many new articles there are, there is a Safari plugin that will display new article counts (overlaying) in the Safari dock icon (nice).

My biggest thing is ad blocking. If I could use Pithhelment or Safari Block with OW I would be a VERY happy camper OR just support one of the lists that are out there with know ads and make it so that you can either import that list when you want or make it an option to download it automatically. That feature alone would move me off Safari and FF as my main browser.

BTW, does anyone know how to turn off the image placeholder for blocked images? This drives me nuts.

Thanks!

Last edited by WebJIVE; 2007-02-01 at 06:06 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthsaver
The answer to auto-update desires, of course, is Sparkle. Adium X 1.0 uses it, btw.
I have to go to the Adium site to download update versions ... whenever I do the automatic update through Sparkle, it crashes on me immediately every time I try to open it ...

Mark