The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Help to make emails into tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks Lizard, but I don't have control over who sends this particular emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
If you can persuade the sender of these emails to tweak their format, you can use the following (lifted directly from the OmniFocus help):

To specify a project, use > (greater-than sign) or :: (double-colons), followed by a project name or abbreviation. The colons are nicer for the iPhone because they are on the first shifted keyboard rather than the math keyboard. The project string is matched exactly as if it was entered in a project cell in OmniFocus.
To specify a context, use @ (at sign), followed by a context name or abbreviation. Like project names, the context name is matched exactly as it would be in OmniFocus.

Thanks Lucas,

I am not sure what do you mean by "mail tags"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
You might also direct it to a specific folder by setting the project in Mail Rules with Mail Tags before using the script on it.

Or, you could make a modified version of the script to make it go to the specific project for that particular individual.
Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by kite55surfer View Post
I am not sure what do you mean by "mail tags"
Mail Tags is a plug-in extension for Mail that lets you do lots of really nifty things with mail messages, like tagging and assigning projects and due dates. The tagging feature, combined with smart folders and searches, is worth the price of admission to me.

Curt

Hi Lucas, I have Mail Tags now

I can't see how to apply it to OmniFocus? Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
You might also direct it to a specific folder by setting the project in Mail Rules with Mail Tags before using the script on it.

Or, you could make a modified version of the script to make it go to the specific project for that particular individual.