The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

routine to process inbox items Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Rob,
I gather all these things are coded in Apple Script, correct?
Since I am now an Apple convert, would you or anyone else reading this, have any suggestions about the best way to start dipping my toes into the world of Apple Script programming? I use to do a bit of stuff in VBScript, mostly for complex Excel spreadsheets, on Windows. So I figure I could start learning a bit about Apple Script. It looks relatively logical and easy to follow as opposed to some code languages I've seen.

Anyway... back to your post:
I will try out this script, with the modification you have suggested.

Quote:
It could also be adjusted to create any assumed folders and contexts where necessary, etc etc
If I was to have a crack at doing this, is there a document from Omnigroup that includes all the necessary terms related to OF? Such as the variables you have mentioned in your modifications... contextidlist, refProjects, etc.

Much thanks,

S

The trick, I think, lies in a conversation between exploring the application object model (Applescript Editor > File > Open Dictionary) and becoming familiar with the basics of the scripting language.

For Applescript, I like Matt Neuburg's Definitive Guide, though it is now long in the tooth. (Apple's own on-line documentation is, of course, more up to date).

(Applescript is a quirky language, a bit underpowered, and Matt Neuburg himself has now moved on to using Ruby and rb-appscript ... )

But probably good to get some familiarity with Applescript first ...

Good luck !

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2010-10-22 at 01:10 AM..