The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omniplan of multiple Omniplan files Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there current functionality to create a 'master' omniplan that can grab the start / end dates of 'child' omniplan files?

Looks like this would be achievable by exporting as XML, then importing the duration to a parent plan?
This would allow you to have "executive summary" views of all projects... would anyone else find this valuable? Am I alone in thinking that this would add a great deal of value?

I am very interested in finding some way to use OmniPlan to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and I keep checking the forums hoping to find that the app has been updated to include that feature... inability to get a "dashboard" view of all projects is the one thing that's kept me from being able to make use of OP thus far. So no, you're not alone on this!

I too am interested in using OmniPlan to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and would pay extra for such functionality.

Count me in as interested as well. So far the trial of OmniPlan has been very encouraging to me, but what I REALLY need to use the product for is to keep track of resource availability across multiple projects.

This would be the missing link for me. As a professional webdeveloper, i handle multiple projects at the same time. I use OmniPlan to schedule these projects and asses realistic turn around dates. The possibility to plan tasks based on an actual resources calendar is what made me decide on OmniPlan as my preferred tool.

However, the inability to combine projects into a larger, master project as proposed here is a major set back. There are two possible work arounds, but neither is very productive:

Either you create all projects as individual taskgroups in one project (tedious work, hardto update, and baslining gets impossible)

Or, you create individual projects and manually adjust your resources availability. Even harder to keep up with tyis setup!

It would also be nice if iCal could sync back with OmniPlan, so that OmniPlan knowstge hours you will be busy on other things and adjust the plan accordingly.

Has there been any feedback for this from the Omni group?

Want to add my wish for this function. Our web dept (15 people) is looking at coordinating with Omniplan. The only reason we haven't spent the money to buy it for each user is because of the lack of multiproject resource management. Yo Omnigroup...any ETA on this? It's probably the most valuable feature you could add for us end users.

I'd like to bump this. I manage as many as 30 projects at a time. Getting an easy overview and seeing who's working what when would be tremendously useful.