The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Don't local alerts work on iPhone 3G? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
(I searrched the forum first but found no answer...)

I turned "Show alerts" and "Play sound" on in the prefs.
I created a test ToDo with due date and time.

At the designated time nothing happens, no reminder at all.

What am I doing wrong?
Or does my 3g not support local alerts? (since it doesn't support background processing...)

Running iOS4.1 and OF 1.7.3

Last edited by DutchVince; 2010-10-03 at 06:15 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchVince View Post
Nobody?
Did you try contacting the support ninjas? May not be too many regular forum posters still using the 3G and iOS 4...

How far in advance did you set up your test? The calendar-based notifications certainly had issues with unrealistic test scenarios (I don't think real-life usage would include assigning due dates only a few minutes in the future, but that's exactly what most people would do to try out something new). If you have had pre-existing due dates go past without notification while waiting for a response here, then that probably isn't the issue, but it is easy enough to rule out.

Thanks for your answer!
After a couple of real tasks went by unnotified I created some test tasks. Of course due in 10 minutes :) I can understand why that is unrealistic.

But in the meanwhile I implemented the caldav/calendar workaround and that works fine, so I'm not impatient for an immediate answer anymore...

Local alerts work fine for me, iPhone 3G, iOS 4.1, OF 1.7.3. I have Show Alerts: On, Play Sound: On, Calendar Export: Off.

That's weird: suddenly local reminders are starting to appear :)
I can turn of the calendar reminders now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchVince View Post
That's weird: suddenly local reminders are starting to appear :)
I can turn of the calendar reminders now....
You've just discovered the power of whpalmer to remotely access your iPhone and alter your OmniFocus reality!

Ah, may the Force be with him!