The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OSX Mountain Lion and OF!? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can we just settle this silly "Apple only seeds developers" argument?

appleseed.apple.com

Hi all,
I can understand this situation is frustrating for those who can't run OmniFocus and confusing to everyone.
We do want people to be able to run OmniFocus on Mountain Lion and let us know if anything else is broken. On the other hand, we have to respect Apple's NDA.
It's Sunday evening in Seattle & tomorrow is a holiday for us, but I'll talk to some other folks at Omni on Tuesday and see what we can do for those who have legitimate access to Mountain Lion but not to the developer forums.

In the meantime, it'd be great if everyone could take a deep breath and be civil to one another. We try to censor the forums as little as possible, but attacking other posters can interfere with the forum's primary goal of communicating technical information between users of Omni's apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Hi all,
I can understand this situation is frustrating for those who can't run OmniFocus and confusing to everyone.
We do want people to be able to run OmniFocus on Mountain Lion and let us know if anything else is broken. On the other hand, we have to respect Apple's NDA.
It's Sunday evening in Seattle & tomorrow is a holiday for us, but I'll talk to some other folks at Omni on Tuesday and see what we can do for those who have legitimate access to Mountain Lion but not to the developer forums.

In the meantime, it'd be great if everyone could take a deep breath and be civil to one another. We try to censor the forums as little as possible, but attacking other posters can interfere with the forum's primary goal of communicating technical information between users of Omni's apps.
Thanks Lizard. That is the measured response I was trying to receive.

We don't all come to the party on the same bus but we are all here for the same reason so there is no need for others to judge or question how we got here.

Thank you and I will wait for OmniGroup to act in all our interestes and within the bounds on the NDA. Thank you.

Last edited by johnwin; 2012-02-19 at 10:40 PM..

Are you able to post the workaround to the AppleSeed discussion board also?
Thank you!

On the dev forums works and I can understand how frustrating it must be. There may be a workaround solution here but I am just not sure if giving out the specific answer on this forum would be the answer. I can help people individually if they care to email me directly. In hopes that it won't go against the NDA I can give the precise solution but won't give why it happens. if that is feasible please email me at mailto:mcse69 AT hotmail.com

email sent, thanks for offering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpearson View Post
please email me at mailto:mcse69 AT hotmail.com
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj2 View Post
Are you able to post the workaround to the AppleSeed discussion board also?
Unfortunately, we don't have access to that board. But if someone else here has access and would like to post the workaround, we certainly have no objections! (We would do it ourselves if we had access.)

By the way, I've just now added a note to the developer forums post with some simple, direct instructions for applying the workaround.

Just checked again - someone has already posted the fix on the AppleSeed boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhandman View Post
Can we just settle this silly "Apple only seeds developers" argument?

appleseed.apple.com
Thank you!