The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Orientation Problem when Printing to PDF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The wireframes that I create with OmniGraffle often contain both landscape and portrait oriented pages. It's easy to set up the display within OmniGraffle to ensure each page appears and prints as expected, except when I choose to save it as a PDF.

While the page dimensions are properly assigned, the orientation is wrong, no matter what I do. I've set up docs to use the default Portrait setting in Page Setup and set the orientation to Landscape in the Canvas panel, but when viewing the PDF on screen the landscaped page shows up in a portrait layout, as if it was rotated -90 degrees. This isn't an issue when printing, but is definitely a problem when viewing the doc on screen.

I've attempted several different groups of settings, but nothing will allow me to have a PDF where the layout always goes from left to right, no matter the orientation of the page.

I've attached a simple PDF that shows the results of printing using the Blank template included with OmniGraffle, the second page of which is set to a Landscape orientation.

This feels like a bug, but please let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf og-printing-problem-example.pdf (8.3 KB, 565 views)

That's just how printing and printing to PDF work -- It's rotated under the assumption that it will in fact be printed.

Have you tried exporting to PDF instead of printing to PDF?

I hadn't tried that Joel, good call. Exporting to PDF resolved the problem exactly as needed. Thanks for the speedy reply!