The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sorting of search shortcuts! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

since I can't figure out how to sort my search shortcuts I believe it's not possible. So I'd like to request this as a feature. It's annoying as hell to have "Google" and "Google Bilder" (images for you) so far apart... :(

See attachment for explanation.

Thanks
pönn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	41  

They sort by keyword, not by title.

Thanks a lot afb!

I didn't get it all the time and was annoyed that it did not even sort alphabetically! Now I know that the short name is important AND lower/upper case letters do matter as well. I had

google@
GoogleBilder@

and changing the last one to

googlebilder@

did the job of alphabetic sorting at last! :)

Thanks so much!
pönn

Actually I wouldn't mind a guide to search shortcuts... I keep wanting to implement it, stumbling at some part, and just jumping to the site and doing it anyway.

Any good online guide?

I did all my search shortcuts manually until I found out that you can right-click any search field on a web site and choose "add to search shortcuts". Maybe that's a start for you.

The easiest way to add them is to use the status bar icon:

Click the search field you want to add a shortcut for, click the magnifying glass+ that appears in the status bar and add the field. E.g. for this forum:

Note, the sps currently have a bug that prevents some search fields being added in this way (e.g. macupdate.com).

Edit: I've just noticed that there is a bad bit of UI in that dialogue sheet - OmniGroup refer to Keyword as short name in the text and not as keyword.

Last edited by JKT; 2006-06-11 at 01:43 AM..

Thanks both of you. Wonderful!