The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Colors Panel documentation and help? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There does not appear to be any documentation on the Colors Panel (see attached)
This is a fairly complex widget with several different ways of specifying color, opacity, etc and an odd little set of boxes (a palette?) at the bottom. I looked in the provided help and the PDF user manual, but dont see a discussion of this panel.

The particular question is: how do i add colors to the 'palette' at the bottom? Somehow I got a green into mine (see png attached) but dont know how or how to change it.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ColorsPanel.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	468  

It is just the standard OS X colour palette (with the exception of the pattern fills that you get with OmniGraffle Pro).

To replace a colour in the wells at the bottom, just drag another colour on top of it. If you want the default, grab one of the "empty" wells to the side of it and drop it on top.

I've made a quick screencast of some of the things you can do with it. Click here to view it (~ 18MB in size)