The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

QuickLook Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to view OmniGraffle files using QuickLook in Leopard?

Thanks

Well I'd say the way is to request a QuickLook plug-in from Omni... ;) there haven't been any comments (that I'm aware of), but I hope to see this fairly soon.

OmniGraffle (native) files are actually 'Bundles', folders that the Finder treats like files, and to support QuickLook they'll 'simply' need to save a PDF preview of the document.

For large multi-page documents, a PDF preview of every page will presumably add to the file size.

...so for large documents, do you add previews for every page, or just the first (couple?) as a sample?

Yes please! =)

hoping for previews in every page too

1+ vote here

+1 for all Omni apps, not just Graffle.

I certainly would support this too

+1 for all omni apps (omnigraffle first, of course :)

For omni not to have quicklook is not good. This is a valuable feature (quicklook) for me.

When flipping through my files for a document, quicklook is great.... until I get to a omni document, then no go.

please tell us the status of this. I don't feel it is an enhancement. It should have been available at time of 10.5 release.

So it seems that the new Omnigraffle 5 supports Quicklook. However, it seems that I have to open the file and save it in Omnigraffle 5 before it will show up in QuickLook. Omnigraffle 4 files still do now show. Is this expected behavior?

Yeah, that's expected behavior.