The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trying Omnigraffle 5 Unlicensed - stuck in read-only mode Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to try Omnigraffle 5, but I can't seem to create or edit anything because I am stuck in read-only mode. Omnigraffle 4 in unlicensed mode doesn't seem to have the same restrictions.

I've tried to find information on Omnigraffle 5's unlicensed restrictions, but there doesn't appear to be any documentation about it.

I would love to hear any information about this.

Thanks!

OmniGraffle 5 should run fully without a license key for 14 days, after that point a license key will be required.

That said, if you've gone past that amount of time you might want to try the 5.1 beta releases, we've reset the trial bit in those.

You should REALLY put something into the program about the terms of the trial. Or just an indication that the trial has ended. Something as simple as, "The trial period for this application has expired" would be fine.

I just spent the last hour trying to figure out what was wrong with the application. I installed it about a month ago and never got around to actually trying it out. Since then the app has expired and launching it doesn't indicate why it's not functioning, and your website doesn't really mention that there ever was a trial available in the first place...

All in all, I was very confused. Anyway...

I have about the same sentiment as usercjp. Furthermore, installing the 5.1 beta had no effect for me. I still cannot create a new document. I probably installed it some time ago and just don't recall.