The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Understanding sync (not how to, the concept) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Normally I have a daily repeating todo on my desktop OF. I check it and it becomes a new todo tomorrow. No problem.

Now I sync to my phone (before checking today's todo) and it shows up on the phone. I check it as done on the phone, it gets a line and disappears. I sync, it shows up on the desktop as done and creates a new todo for tomorrow.

Problem is, I don't see the tomorrow on the phone under the @home context. I can search for it via the OF iPhone search and both showup, with the right context listed, but it's not in my @home context view.

Or is it not a sync issue at all, and a bug in OF iPhone? Shouldn't the new one show up under @home like it does on the desktop?

It sounds like you have your Context view on the Mac set to view remaining tasks and the iPhone Context view set to available. Try changing the preference on the iPhone to remaining and see if tomorrow's task shows in the @home context.

Also, if I understand the workflow that you used as the example, I believe you'll see two tasks scheduled for tomorrow. Checking off the same task on both the Mac and the iPhone will result in two tasks created for tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
It sounds like you have your Context view on the Mac set to view remaining tasks and the iPhone Context view set to available. Try changing the preference on the iPhone to remaining and see if tomorrow's task shows in the @home context.
Thanks. That made it appear. I do have to go through and purge some older entries on the desktop, I'd given up on OF simply because I was having todo sync issues on my Blackberry and iCal. Now that I've got my iPhone, everything 'just works'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Also, if I understand the workflow that you used as the example, I believe you'll see two tasks scheduled for tomorrow. Checking off the same task on both the Mac and the iPhone will result in two tasks created for tomorrow.
I was just testing the sync and wanted to make sure everything worked. I'd be doing the checking off using the iPhone exclusively, sort of a morning checklist before work.