The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Allowing for arbitrary review Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A major inconvenience of OF for iPad is that you cannot easily do a review at a more frequent interval than you specify. For example, I reviewed 6 days ago, but decided that today was a good time for this week's review. However, my projects are set to review weekly, so when I switch to the Review view, it says that I have no projects to review. I know I can manually review individual projects, but I want to be able to do a full review whenever I like. It does not seem that I can do this on the iPad, whereas I can on the Mac version.

We've got a feature request open on that, hardcoreUFO; attaching your forum post. Thanks!

If you have a way to remotely trigger the execution of a script, you could use something like this:

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	tell default document
		set allProjects to a reference to every project
		set next review date of allProjects to (current date)
	end tell
end tell
which will tell OmniFocus that every project is due for review. One way to do the remote triggering of this script is to set up a Mail rule that runs the script when it gets an email from you with some magic string. You would have to leave Mail running, of course. Another approach might be a folder action that ran the script when it noticed you creating a certain file in your Dropbox account. Whatever the triggering mechanism you use, you would wait a minute or more for the script to run and OmniFocus on your Mac to sync the changes, then sync your iPad and start reviewing.