The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Making a new shape from existing objects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm having trouble with making shapes from existing objects. Two things come to mind:

* Suppose I have a regular hexagon. If I rotate it 30 degrees, the selection handles also rotate 30 degrees. This would make alignment of hexagons (for example, in creating a hex map) difficult. How do I make a new regular hexagon with this new orientation, but still have the selection handles normal?

* Suppose I have two shapes: an equilateral triangle and a rectangle. The rectangle is in 2:1 proportions and the triangle's side length is equal to its height. I'd like to create a new shape out of butting the two shapes together, but I'd also like to avoid an unsightly horizontal line where the two shapes meet. How do I create a new shape that effectively combines the areas of the existing shapes together?

Note that I'm using OmniGraffle 4 right now (no present incentive to upgrade to 5 just yet)