The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Change and Set Project Filters Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My apologies if this has been covered or is really obvious and I'm just missing it.

I want to tag certain projects as proposals so that I can easily see a list of proposals that I either need to write, modify, pursue, etc. I have been simply creating tasks such as "Write proposal for OmniGroup" but some of my proposals actually have several sub-tasks, and they eventually become projects anyway (when I win the business!), so I want to create a project for each proposal.

Still, I need an easy way to view just a list of all the proposals I'm chasing. So I want to create a custom project filter. Is this doable?

If not, I can use the existing Pending filter that shows on the Project Filter drop-down, but this appears to be an automatic setting based on task dates that don't start until sometime in the future. Well, at least I can't find a way to change this setting: project status only gives me active, on hold, completed and dropped, while the filter also offers pending and stalled as well.

Can anyone suggest how to handle this? Thanks!

Could you group all your proposals in a separate folder? Then you could create a custom perspective focused just on that folder.

-Dennis

I suppose that would work, but I like seeing things by client in a folder hierarchy. I suppose I could create it as a project inside a proposals folder, then move the project to the client folder once accepted. I'll give this a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

You could approach this in a different fashion by having some unique string you put in the notes (or name, I suppose) of such projects. Then set up a perspective that does a search for that string.