The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How can I substitute default bookmark favicon? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm experimenting with OmniWeb 5.10.3 on my MacBook and there's a lot to like about it.
My surfing preference is to populate the bookmarks bar with favicon-only bookmarks which leaves more room for them.
However, as I use favicon-only bookmarks, the absence of favicons for some sites is an inconvenience.
I currently use 25 bookmarks of which 4 refer to sites with no favicon. Because all of these use the same, rather ugly, default favicon, I must add some text to distinguish and identify them.
I have searched high and low to find a way to substitute these default favicons with freely downloadable versions -- but have failed miserably.
Is there any way to do this?

Unfortunately this isn't possible right now. The icons are all stored in a database in your application support folder and are managed by WebKit.

An option for adding a custom icon to bookmarks is a great idea though.

OK, thank you.