The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Opml->OO? [A: Convert to OO by pressing on Send icon] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Importing OPML documents into OO for iPad seems to retain their OPML format. This means any style changes are lost (even if you've spent 30 minutes setting them up). How do I convert an OPML doc to OO format without a Mac?

I figure I'm just missing something bloody obvious ^_^

Last edited by HappyCatMachine; 2011-05-12 at 01:39 PM..

Doh! Just got it. Click send icon and "Convert to Omni Outliner"

Sweet! and thanks devs!

Does this mean you can import an OPML file from iThoughtsHD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littledragon View Post
Does this mean you can import an OPML file from iThoughtsHD?
Yes, OPML file transfers to/from iThoughtsHD and OOiP are working well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Yes, OPML file transfers to/from iThoughtsHD and OOiP are working well for me.
Thanks Greg, and to clarify this is all done on the iPad (I haven't got a Mac)?

Also does OO preserve the branches and notes made in iThoughtsHD?

All done on the iPad. Keep in mind that I've only had time to play with this a little bit thus far, but I'm finding that everything goes back/forth with ease. Branches, notes, links, etc. all appear to be preserved in my limited testing. I've not yet tried it with very large/complex files, but I really like what I am seeing.

That's great! Thanks for your help... I'm off to the App Store :)

Yeah, iThoughts HD has excellent OPML export. Even links get their own column in OOiP! Very impressive indeed.

Edit: the hyperlinks were lost when the same file was converted to OO then exported from OOiP and into iThoughtsHD. The hyperlinks were in the OPML but iThoughts didn't recognise them.

Notes however, were retained.

Last edited by HappyCatMachine; 2011-05-13 at 12:25 PM..

how are you guys doing this? in my iPad iThoughtsHD app I don't seem to have a way to export opml to OO/iPad without going through a computer...

Using dropbox and it works nearly seamlessly. Dropbox for iPad can open with... either OO or iThoughts. Very conveniently. I did send the OPML file from OO thru email tho since it is having trouble with dropdav.