The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync - can't enter MobileMe login credentials Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to sync my Omni Focus iPhone app.

Among the options listed (MobileMe, Bonjour, WebDAV), I have selected the MobileMe option.

When I attempt to sync Focus on my iPhone, the system automatically prompts me to enter my my MobileMe login credentials, but I cannot enter my login name and password because the system has grayed them out.

I'm really frustrated that it's prompting me to enter my login credentials, but it doesn't allow me to input them. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

In general, I'm a big fan of Focus and Omni Products, but I've spent several hours trying to fix this problem and about ready to move to Things or some other app. Thanks,
--
Specs:
iPhone 3GS
Mac OS X 10.6.4

What exactly is grayed out? Have you ever entered your login credentials?

When I try this with a clean device (no previous settings), it puts "user" in the user name field. Tapping at the right end of the string "user" allows me to edit the field. Are you not seeing that behavior, or is the problem at another screen? If I put my MobileMe user name in and tap Save, I then get the Login to "me.com" / Secure Website screen which has two fields for Name and Password, both grayed out. If I tap in the fields, I can then type in my user name and password. Are you seeing something different?

Thanks for responding. No I haven't entered my login credentials. Everytime I try to the field is grayed out.

[Quick background note: my MacBookPro experienced the Blue Screen of Death and so I had to do a clean reinstall of everything.]

Basically, it's become a frustrating loop. Everytime my iPhone begins to sync with the desktop version of OmniFocus, the iPhone app automatically takes me to the login for MobileMe credentials but both the login id and password fields are grayed out so I can't enter anything.

Again, what exactly is grayed out? Here is the screen where you have to enter your credentials to access MobileMe:

You should be able to simply tap on the field where it says "Name" and start typing, and similarly the "Password" field.

If you are seeing something different, can you capture an image and show us? Hold down the button on the top of the phone and the springboard button simultaneously to capture a screenshot to your Saved Photos album. You can email to me (@gmail.com) if you don't know how to attach to a forum post.

Yes, that's exactly the screen I'm seeing. But it simply remains grayed out and does not let me input my credentials.

Have you tried rebooting the phone? How about reinstalling the app?

If neither of those do the trick, you'll probably have to wait until you can call Omni tomorrow...

Good suggestions. I tried both with no luck. I even reset the database and still no luck. Thanks for your help.

(I actually emailed Omni on Friday but haven't heard anything back from them except autoreply. I can't believe how much time I've wasted trying to resolve this problem.)

I just tried re-starting my iPhone and that did the trick; although, I'm not sure if it was a combination of re-setting the database *and* turning off the iPhone and then re-starting it, or just re-starting. I'm inclined to think that it was a combination of the two. Anyway, thanks again so much for your help! Really appreciate it!

Their customer support folks are excellent, and work very hard, but they aren't usually expected to work on the weekends, especially holiday weekends.

You're absolutely 100% sure that you can't just tap in those fields and start typing? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that that input widget wouldn't work for you — I think that's Apple's code you're running at that point, too. The only time I've seen (or heard of) any problems with input of data similar to what you describe, it has been because the keyboard didn't appear.

Ah, great, glad it started working!