The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard Shortcuts (ei Command+1 etc.) for Search Shortcuts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, my first post :D

What I'd love to see and I think would benefit most OmniWeb users is Keyboard Shortcuts for Search Shortcuts!

A feature that, at least for me, will make this THE Safari replacer is a feature found in a Safari only plug in named AcidSearch. I really dig that with that add on one can assign searches much like OmniWeb but can assign KEYBOARD shortcuts!

So then, say I want to search Google and the Search Shortcut field says "eBay", I would then just hit for instance Command-F1 and bam, the field automatically changes to "Google" and my cursor is ready to type at the Shortcut Search field and hit enter with my search term.

And then I'd hit say, Command+F2 to search a custom search I saved before like for instance, Gracenote to search albums or Amazon searches, etc.

Hope you consider, I love OmniWeb. Its the best. Thanks for your hard work!

G:)

You can already do something similar to this with shortcuts. For example, one can hit command+L, then type google followed by a search term and have it search via google. You can then customize your own and add many more options.

Hmm, I see, yes...let me play around with that some more. I hope I dont sound lazy but having to type google or say gracenote or wikipedia everytime may be a small hassle, but I'll do some testing.

Thanks for the tip!:)

well, I've got google image set to "gi". you could always set the keywords to number, like 1, 2... then you'd just hit command+L, 1, space and type. Almost as short.

You're right, that is a trick to make it faster...I did think of maybe doing that. Thanks for your time and tips, much appreciated!

Also, command-1 etc go to your favorites bookmarks (ignoring folders).