The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating a Task Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to have a task such as "weekly tag-up meeting" repeat in Omniplan? I need the task to repeat until end of project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkudrle
Is there a way to have a task such as "weekly tag-up meeting" repeat in Omniplan? I need the task to repeat until end of project.
Not at this time. We have a feature request in our database for the ability to set recurring tasks, so I'll add another vote to this for you.

Thanks for the feedback. I like the software and may show it to others at work. Mixed platform environment and this may be a good alternative to fasttrack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkudrle
Thanks for the feedback. I like the software and may show it to others at work.
Sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong
We have a feature request in our database for the ability to set recurring tasks, so I'll add another vote to this for you.
Please add a vote from me too. One of the things I like about Life Balance, despite its interface, is its robust support for recurring tasks (recurring either on a fixed calendar, e.g. MWF, or a specified period after the last time the task was done, e.g. in 15 days).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie
Please add a vote from me too. One of the things I like about Life Balance, despite its interface, is its robust support for recurring tasks (recurring either on a fixed calendar, e.g. MWF, or a specified period after the last time the task was done, e.g. in 15 days).
You got it. :-)

Please record a vote for me also, it's a must have feature

Last edited by ext555; 2007-05-15 at 12:43 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ext555
Please record a vote for me also, it's a must have feature
Added one for you ext555.

My vote too. We need recurring tasks on a single line please!

Archeus wrote: Please count me in and also for reoccurring tasks on separate lines as they are usually very different things.
Andrewhugill wrote: My vote too. We need recurring tasks on a single line please!

I don't understand what is meant by "on a single vs separate lines"? I would imagine that if I entered " take out trash" scheduled weekly on Thursday that there would be one entry for next Thursday for that action. Once that date passed, a new task item would be generated automatically dated for the following Thursday.