The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I want to write a simple paper on my iPad using Omnioutliner and Pages Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I want to create an outline in OmniOutliner. A very basic outline with the top level being major headers and themes, and lower levels being opening sentences of paragraphs with some supporting sentences. Just as I was taught in grade school. No footnotes, charts, embedded documents, etc.

Then I want to write the paper in Pages on my iPad. I spend more than 95% of my time on my iPad and rarely open my MBP.

I have OmniPresence and iCloud, along with a MacBook Pro with MS Word and Pages on it.

I realize I can transfer the OO outline to Pages on my iPad directly as plain text but it ends up with dashes in front of every line.

Or I can open the outline in OO on my MBP and export it to MS Word (HTML) and save it. Then open it in MS Word. Then save it as a .docx document. Then open it in Pages on my MBP and save it to iCloud as a Pages document. Then open it on my iPad. The indenting is gone but each sentence is present without extraneous characters or formatting.

Is there not a simpler way to do the most basic thing for which an outlining program is meant to do?