The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rotate Graph Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, New user here. I need to rotate a graph about a fixed point. I have drawn a series of connected "hills and valleys". I would like to anchor one end of this curvilinear graph and then rotate it such that it changes its orientation on the page but that it still maintains its shape (exogenous variable changes and causes the curvilinear graph to rotate).

Thank you for any help that you can give

Do you need an arbitrary rotation factor or just 90º? If the latter, Arrange > Swap Axes should do the trick. Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll need to transform the data itself in another app and then re-import to OmniGraphSketcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_m View Post
Do you need an arbitrary rotation factor or just 90º? If the latter, Arrange > Swap Axes should do the trick. Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll need to transform the data itself in another app and then re-import to OmniGraphSketcher.
Hi, Thank you for responding to my query. I need an arbitrary rotation factor. It is for illustrative purposes demonstrating curve rotation when an exogenous variable changes.

Is there another Omnigroup product that would do this (or one that others might recommend to take on this task)? I see that OmniGraffle will rotate objects but I gather that is a program designed for flow charts not really designed for this task. I mention this as I am pondering purchasing OmniGraffle to use to make flow charts and to do some mind mapping so if I could also use it in conjunction with OmniGraphSketcher to rotate graphs that would be an added bonus.

Thanks again and

Best,

Hi, I tried OmniGraffle over the weekend and it did the trick. I am going to buy it. Thanks again for the quick response. It helped me to avoid wasting time. I appreciate that!

Best,
PS I will put in a feature request for simple graph rotation.