The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Newly-opened windows are too narrow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

Please have OW open new windows with more 'landscape' dimensions.

The default aspect ratio of new OW windows is too narrow for almost every website I visit these days. Often the default layout of a site is up to twice the width of the new OW window. The web isn't in portrait! ;)

It's not a huge problem but it is a daily annoyance, particularly because resizing a new/loading window is so sluggish in OW (maybe due to CPU being eaten up by Flash or JavaScript in other tabs, and OW not reducing their priority versus user interaction).

Thanks! :)

Set up the window size the way you would like it to be then use the Save Window Size option from the Window menu in OmniWeb.

I'd never even seen that command before. Thanks for your help! :)

We did it this way because it has always frustrated us when we would resize a window in a browser and then all future windows would be that size. We tried at least one intermediate approach, but it didn't work too well, so we ended up making it an explicit user operation.

Last edited by troyb; 2008-10-13 at 08:14 AM..

Thanks for the help on the window size. This was bugging me enough to type in a search. Save Window Size worked for me.