The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Copying OG images into PowerPoint Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need to copy OG images into a PowerPoint deck. It works fine on the MAC however the images do not appear on the PC. What I get is a message that QuickTime and a TIFF decompressor is required to view the image.

I've tried copying the image as vector PICT but I lose elements of the image (namely text) when pasting into PowePoint on the MAC.

Any ideas??

Quote:
Originally Posted by suewah
I need to copy OG images into a PowerPoint deck. It works fine on the MAC however the images do not appear on the PC. What I get is a message that QuickTime and a TIFF decompressor is required to view the image.
I've tried copying the image as vector PICT but I lose elements of the image (namely text) when pasting into PowePoint on the MAC.
Any ideas??
Long way round, but you might try exporting to Keynote, tweaking and then exporting that to PowerPoint. Keynote 2 exports stuff to PPT ok, as far as I remember, though it's not as good as displaying through keynote, but then no surprises there! Mind you, I only used that in desperation when the lead to the projector was dodgy and wouldn't play with my TiBook and I couldn't waste any more time trying to get it sorted!
If you need a vector image, you could export to PDF and then use something like Graphic Converter to move it to a format PPT will work with. Otherwise try PNG.

Mark

I think I figured out a way. I exported my entire OG doc as a JPEG. That creates a folder of individual JPEGS which I then placed into PPT.

Thanks!!

I've been bitten by this too. I love OmniGraffle and would prefer to build my PowerPoint shows using it. I mean... the alternative is the built-in uSoft box-editor-thing. Yuck.

But because OmniGraffle copy always grabs a tiff, the resulting PowerPoint show won't work on Windows (even if you install all the QuickTime components).

Anyway, in pinch, the quickest thing to do was export the PowerPoint show as a QuickTime movie. That played ok on the Windows PC.

But my feature request for the future: A preference to set the image-type for copy operations. If it'd been gif or jpeg or png, it would have just worked.