The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Regularly due project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have expenses which I need to process at the end of each month. I note some of these down as OmniFocus actions and file them in an "expenses" project. I'd like this project to become due at the end of EVERY month, and to stop being due when it has no actions in it.

I tried using a repeating project, but this duplicated all the expenses that I'd already processed.

Essentially, I want to stick the expenses and expense-related in a bucket which becomes due at the end of the month, every month.

I would like to avoid having to manually set the due date on each action to the end of the month.

Any suggestions?

I would guess that you're going to want to have a repeating action group inside a project that doesn't repeat. That way, the items will repeat inside the same single project instead of making new projects. You probably want to check the box in the inspector to have the group complete when all of its tasks are complete, so that you won't have empty groups and if you have it repeating it will set up the next group when you finish the first one. I would just set the due date on the group instead of the individual actions if they are all going to be for the end of the month. Then you probably want to set the repeat interval on the group to repeat every 1 month. You can also set the start date on the group if you want all the actions to be hidden for most of the month.

I believe we have a feature request open for a "don't carry over notes from the last project/action when making the new one" behavior. Folks that want to see that added should, as always, send email to the support ninjas. :-)

Thanks Brian, that sounds just like what I want. I'll send a vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I believe we have a feature request open for a "don't carry over notes from the last project/action when making the new one" behavior. Folks that want to see that added should, as always, send email to the support ninjas. :-)
I hope that's going to be an optional behaviour? I have many recurring projects where I do want the notes to carry over to the next project. I can see the benefit of being able to control this on a project-by-project basis though.

I can easily see cases where I'd want both behaviors, but when in doubt, let the ninjas know what you'd prefer. :-)

Thanks Brian, the ninjas have been informed :-)