The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New problems iPhone/Mac Sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am now getting the following error. The problem started a few days ago. Has anybody else seen this? Any ideas on how to fix? Wait for a new release?

No root can reach all tail transactions in "http://gutenberg.local/myStuff/OmniFocus.ofocus/".

With this version.

Product: OmniFocus-1.1
Tag:
Date: 2008-10-14 18:31:02 -0700
Builder: omnibuild
Host: tb104i.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 105760

We've seen this a couple times internally, but haven't been able to pin down what causes it. Our ninjas should be able to talk you through resetting syncing and getting stuff going again. Please email them at omnifocus@omnigroup.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
We've seen this a couple times internally, but haven't been able to pin down what causes it. Our ninjas should be able to talk you through resetting syncing and getting stuff going again. Please email them at omnifocus@omnigroup.com
OK I did that. And received a response that it might take over a week to get back to me. That seems like a long time for an issue that may start to effect a lot of people.

In case I was not clear syncing no longer works for me.

Most likely it isn't an issue that is going to affect a lot of people, or there would be many more reports of it by now.

Send email to urgent@omnigroup.com if you have a show-stopper problem (like you can't sync).

OK. I did what support suggested - sorry I lost the email you sent, so I am replying here. Now I keep getting the following error.

The 192.168.248.100 server returned "bad gateway" (502) in response to a request to "MOVE /myStuff/OmniFocus.ofocus-copy-in-progress-ifEKS97IBp7".

I had to move 300+ files that started OmniFocus.oFocus-copy-in-progress-

I know the common theme here is that this is a unique problem, but I don't see it. This so called WebDAV server is running on a standalone headless Mac Mini (PowerPC, OS X, 10.4.11) I had lying around. It does nothing except serv ical calendars and sync for OmniFocus and my iPhone. Since I got the original error Omnifocus has not been able to sync.

FYI. iCal Calendars continue to work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Most likely it isn't an issue that is going to affect a lot of people, or there would be many more reports of it by now.

Send email to urgent@omnigroup.com if you have a show-stopper problem (like you can't sync).
Somebody has to be first. Right?

I prefer to post, if allowed to newsgroups, so others can gain from my experience and I in turn might benefit from others. If that fails then I am happy to ping the support people.

I also suspected that I would not/am not the only one that has seen this problem, and that seems to be true.

Thanks for the email address.

Go ahead and post here, no one is trying to discourage you from doing so, and someone may know the answer. However, if you want your problem fixed, your best bet is to also notify (via the email address I provided, or Help->Send Feedback) the developers and support crew, who do not read this forum all day long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucs308 View Post
OK. I did what support suggested - sorry I lost the email you sent, so I am replying here. Now I keep getting the following error.

The 192.168.248.100 server returned "bad gateway" (502) in response to a request to "MOVE /myStuff/OmniFocus.ofocus-copy-in-progress-ifEKS97IBp7".

I had to move 300+ files that started OmniFocus.oFocus-copy-in-progress-

I know the common theme here is that this is a unique problem, but I don't see it. This so called WebDAV server is running on a standalone headless Mac Mini (PowerPC, OS X, 10.4.11) I had lying around. It does nothing except serv ical calendars and sync for OmniFocus and my iPhone. Since I got the original error Omnifocus has not been able to sync.

FYI. iCal Calendars continue to work fine.
You are totally welcome to post to this board, but I don't know what's going wrong. The best way to get this issue resolved is to send another email to our Ninjas. Referencing bug #47656 will help them find your previous issue faster.

ucs308, has this ever worked for you? If so, has anything at all changed about your configuration? I know that I had problems with 502 errors when I first set up WebDAV for myself, and the fix I found is in this post although perhaps your issue is not the same one.

Anything interesting in your /var/log/httpd files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
You are totally welcome to post to this board, but I don't know what's going wrong. The best way to get this issue resolved is to send another email to our Ninjas. Referencing bug #47656 will help them find your previous issue faster.
Thanks for that bug Number.

I can now sync again. The problems seem to have been related to a number of things.

1. The solution to the original error relating to traversing the xml, is to move the database that resides on the webDAV server out of the way and re-sync. (As described by OmniFocus support via email)

2. The bad gateway and a number of the other issues seem related but they may or may not be. For some reason my server is occasionally not reachable using its name gutenberg.local by Omnifocus, in fact not reachable by name from my laptop in a terminal window, though the other 3-4 machines on my network can all ping the server using its local name, and my iCal client can still update the published calendars using the local name.

Because of this I changed the address of the webDAV server within Omnifocus and the iPhone from http://gutenberg.local/myStuff to http://192.168.248.100/myStuff. This change was not enjoyed at all by OmniFocus and this lead to the Bad Gateway problem. (I wonder if not being able to use an IP address is a WebDAV issue or an OmniFocus issue? Seems like it should be possible.)

So now I have returned the entry within OmniFocus to http://gutenberg.local/myStuff and when OmniFocus has issues I simply turn my laptop wireless off and then on again and OmniFocus works.

Last edited by ucs308; 2008-10-21 at 12:47 PM..