The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't go back Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Not sure if this is OmniWeb-related, but it seems to be more of a problem in the 5.5 sneakypeeks than the 5.1 series. The problem is that on some websites, the back button becomes non-functional. To see what I mean, visit this link:

http://www.43folders.com/wiki/

Then click the Back button. Nothing happens! No matter how many times I hit that button, I remain trapped in the page forever!

The above site isn't the only one; I've encountered many with this same behavior. Does anyone know why this happens? What could the website be doing that would prevent me from going back?

Known issue - read the release notes.

which sneaky-peek are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael
which sneaky-peek are you running?

----------

Using ad-blocking seems to make this a problem on some pages. You can usually get around the problem by allowing ads (yuck!) or using the pull-down arrow menu on the back button. I've run into this on eBay as well as when I first encountered it at about.com. There are bug reports in on this, and it's mentioned in the release notes.