The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

To Do and Note Taking - A great combination Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Omnifocus appears to be a great application with the potential to become greater. I attend a lot of meetings and so do my colleagues across industries. The two things they do regularly is Take Notes and Create Action Items / To Dos. Wouldn't it be great to do them from the same place?

Imagine if you will, an application that allows you to take notes. While doing so, you think of something that you need to make sure gets done so you insert a check box right into the body of your note and type the name of the action item or to do. The item remains in your notes but also contains a link to the "to do" list for quick access. The new "to do" item is now in your notes and in your inbox for quick attribute assignment. When you complete an item, it's checked in the notes and in the "to do" list. If note taking could be as cool as WritePad, even better (includes handwriting recognition).

Anyway, I've thought about this a lot and have quite a following that would agree with the concept. If you have further questions on the concept, please let me know. Maybe you'll consider it for an upcoming release. I hope so.