The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Creating Nested Projects from QuickEntry Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I searched around and didn't find any answers to this, if the answers are out there please feel free to just direct me towards them.

I use OmniFocus at home and at work. To facilitate this I have 2 folders, one called 'Personal' and one called 'Work'

My perspectives at home focus on the 'Personal' folder, my perspectives at work focus on the 'Work' folder.

The only problem is I don't know a way to make a new project in the quck entry window, and have it nest to the right folder.

For example, if I am at work and have a new project called "Hire new programmer" I want to list out the first task, and then in project I want to be able to do something like type "Work : Hire New Programmer" and have it create the new project, already nested into the proper folder.

Right now the only way I can figure out to do it is make the thing, and then break my groove by opening OmniFocus in projects view, which I rarely use, so that I can drag the project to the right place.

Suggestions?