The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Multi-head block arrow? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need a multi-head block arrow to connect multiple objects on an architecture diagram. Imagine three boxes on a diagram. I want a thick block arrow that interconnects all three. I've search the web and extra templates with no luck.

Does such a thing exist?

Is it possible to create on using OmniGraffle?

Thanks in advance

I don't really understand what you want. Is it something like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-01-09 at 12.55.42 PM.png
Views:	998
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1722

That's just two arrows, one of which is simply connected to the other, like you would connect it to other shapes. It's harder to do with a gradient fill.

This will work.

I'm in the process of migrating from Visio. I have a large architecture document that I did in Visio. When I import my diagram to OmniGraffle, everything imported fine except for some very complex arrows that I set up (just like you depict, but far more complex). I now have to replace all those broken arrows and I was hoping for a shortcut.

It sounds like I'm faced with manually recreating all those arrows (literally dozens of highly interconnected arrows :( ).

Thanks for the reply.

PS Any pointers on creating custom 'objects' (for lack of a better OmniGraffle term)? For example, Visio contains a 'multi-arrow' which allows you to create on instance of the arrow, and just 'drag' more and more heads to point to additional other objects. Could I build a custom arrow of my own?