The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inspector broken in OmniPlan 2.0? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just upgraded from 1.7 to 2.0 (on Mac OS X).

The inspector button is grayed out and I can't even open the Inspector window anymore. What gives?

Quy

Hi Quy,

I haven't seen this problem happen before. If you're still unable to use the inspector, could you send us some more information via Help > Send Feedback in the app? Our support ninjas should have some ideas to get you up and running.

Joel R
Software Test Pilot
The Omni Group

Same issue and I did not see a response; am not able to access the inspector. Please advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quy View Post
I just upgraded from 1.7 to 2.0 (on Mac OS X).

The inspector button is grayed out and I can't even open the Inspector window anymore. What gives?

Quy

I presume you guys mean the button on the document window toolbar? We haven't nailed down exactly what causes this, but in one occurrence setting aside the OmniPlan preferences file resolved the issue. First, quit OmniPlan.

In Finder:
- open the "Go" menu
- hold down the "option" key.
- the "Library" folder should appear.
- open "Library"
- navigate to "Preferences"
- locate com.omnigroup.OmniPlan2.plist
- rename it to com.omnigroup.OmniPlan2.plist.aside
- launch OmniPlan and see if the problem has been resolved.

If so, I'd love to see a copy of com.omnigroup.OmniPlan2.plist.aside emailed to omniplan@omnigroup.com. I need to figure out exactly what is upsetting OmniPlan.

Of course, once that's resolved you can start adding back all your other preferences.

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for any help you can provide to nail down the issue.

-Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bunch View Post
I presume you guys mean the button on the document window toolbar? We haven't nailed down exactly what causes this, but in one occurrence setting aside the OmniPlan preferences file resolved the issue. First, quit OmniPlan.

In Finder:
- open the "Go" menu
- hold down the "option" key.
- the "Library" folder should appear.
- open "Library"
- navigate to "Preferences"
- locate com.omnigroup.OmniPlan2.plist
- rename it to com.omnigroup.OmniPlan2.plist.aside
- launch OmniPlan and see if the problem has been resolved.

If so, I'd love to see a copy of com.omnigroup.OmniPlan2.plist.aside emailed to omniplan@omnigroup.com. I need to figure out exactly what is upsetting OmniPlan.

Of course, once that's resolved you can start adding back all your other preferences.

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for any help you can provide to nail down the issue.

-Tom
I use Omniplan quite rarely. This morning I spent an hour trying to get the inspector to come up... thought it was my fault. Tried this fix and it has worked.

Be sure to mail in a copy of the errant preferences file, as Tom requested!