The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Copy as Link to project not working after a Sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I select a project, and choose "copy as link". In a different project's action's notes field, I do Paste and get a URL like omnifocus:///task/fy2efYuUvv0
When I click on it, I get taken to the original project in a new Omnifocus window - great. But as soon as I synchronize, this stops working - clicking on it now takes me to a new Omnifocus window that has a copy of the same thing I'm looking at now (the project containing this link) instead of the original one to which that URL used to point. What's going on?!?

Sorry for the trouble this is causing - I'm able to reproduce the behavior you're seeing. Looks like a bug. I'll write it up as one.

I'm guessing the text or style system gets confused, but the problem appears to be temporary. Within a few minutes, the second link I added started showing the correct project when I clicked on it. Quite odd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sorry for the trouble this is causing - I'm able to reproduce the behavior you're seeing. Looks like a bug. I'll write it up as one.
I'm guessing the text or style system gets confused, but the problem appears to be temporary. Within a few minutes, the second link I added started showing the correct project when I clicked on it. Quite odd!
cool! It hardly ever happens that people can reproduce weird bugs I find :-) It seems to work fine if I link to an Action, but not if I link to an entire project.

While we're here: any chance we'll get a feature soon where every action in a whole project can have its formatting cleared? I've got hundreds of actions with pasted weird formatting and I just want to be able to standardize everything without having to do it to each action individually...

thanks!

Mike

I don't remember an existing feature request that covers reformatting the text like that, but if you email the support ninjas, we can get one filed for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I don't remember an existing feature request that covers reformatting the text like that, but if you email the support ninjas, we can get one filed for you...
thanks. I did ask for this when I inquired about it a while back so I thought it was in the list but I'll email them again.

Mike