The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please add Omni Sync Server support [A: iPhone app supports the server. See thread.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using the Omni Sync Server option on my iPad and desktop. So far, so good. Unfortunately, this option doesn't exist on the iPhone (or at least I can't find it). This means that my iPhone is not kept in sync with my other two devices. I really need to have my iPhone connected to the same database as the other two.

Thanks.

-SMJ

It's been in the product for years :-) Omni Sync Server is just an Omni-provided WebDAV server, and for convenience, they added an easy user interface to the iPad app (which came out after the OSS came into being). You can configure it yourself using the WebDAV sync settings on the iPhone, or visit http://sync.omnigroup.com (do this from the device you wish to configure!) sign in with your username and password, then click the big blue Send to OmniFocus button. OmniFocus should launch and configure itself. The first time you sync you'll have to enter your username and password.

Now, what is a bit trickier is that OmniFocus is going to recognize that you have two different databases and ask which one you want to keep. The easiest situation is if everything you want to keep is already on the Mac/iPad database, in which case you can simply choose to keep the sync database when it asks. If there are a significant number of changes on the iPhone which you desire to keep, or you just aren't sure what to do, I suggest you call up the support ninjas (1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152) and have them help you through the process.

Thanks, that solved my problem.

Another way to set up the iPhone app is with the "Set up Sync" email that the server sends out when you create an account. Just open that email in Mail on the iPhone and tap the settings link it contains.