The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WiFi Sync for iPhone via Omni? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can you sync OF for iPhone via Wifi on Omni Focus server? I dont have Bonjour or Mobile Me and one of the reasons I was prepared to spend the money for OF was its ability to sync in the cloud.

I want to be able to sync my iPhone with my iPad and my Mac. Have no problems syncing Mac and iPad via Omni cloud server, but need to add iPhone ... or get a refund.

Tx

Just set up your iPhone to sync the same way that you set up your iPad to sync with the Omni cloud server.

Unless I'm being really dumb, I can't see that option anywhere ... BOnjour or Mobile Me, no Omni option ...

If you do not have a Bonjour wifi connection, open the OmniFocus Mac sync preferences and select 'Send an email with settings...' option and send the email to yourself. Open the email on your iPhone and click on the link.

Is this how you set up your iPad to sync?

I'm probably a complete numnut but I can't find a send settings option ... On iPad I literally just had to choose OmniF as an option - dead easy!

1) Open OmniFocus Mac Preferences
2) Select the 'Sync' icon in the Preferences toolbar
3) Click on the 'Send Settings' icon

4) Send the email with the link to yourself and on the iPhone, click on the link in the email

That should do it.

I had the same problem yesterday didn't know which option to choose, but then I read that the Omni Sync Server just uses WebDAV.

Therefore on the iPhone just do the following:

1. Open the OmniFocus Sync Preferences.
2. Select the Advanced (WebDAV) option.
3. In the Location field, put in your sync url. https://sync.omnigroup.com/yourusername
4. Click the Sync Now button. It will then ask for your username and password.

That should be it, worked fine for me.

Worked perfectly! Thankyou so much.