The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fixed Cost, Fixed Duration, Flexible Effort/Resources Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to know if it's possible to create a fixed duration task, with a fixed cost, and have OmniPlan automatically tell me how many hours of a resource are available (based on an hourly rate entered with the resource). I've assigned a Task Cost to the task, but the Resource Cost and Total Cost fields appear to be derived/read-only. At a minimum I'd like to be able to show a cost cap on the task and know if I've assigned too many resources/hours to it and will go over budget.

Is any of this within the capabilities of OmniPlan?

Thanks!

If you need a guaranteed response, the best thing to do is to send an email to our support ninjas, who will be able to respond by the end of the next business day in the vast majority of cases.

We browse the forums as we're able to do so on top of our other duties, but we can't always guarantee that we'll be able to do so in a particular timeframe, or that a person from a given team will see the post. I mostly work with our other products; I'm really sorry, but I don't know the answer to this question.

There isn't a way to place a cost limit on a task/resource or to figure out how many hours a resource can work based on a task cost. I can definitely file a feature request for this in our development database for consideration though!