The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Blending features of Quick Entry and Copy As Link? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I take notes using MultiMarkDown. It's relatively simple to select text, copy it to the clipboard, and pop it into Quick Entry to make a new action. Now, I switch to OmniFocus and grab a link (Edit > Copy As Link). I then paste that back into the MarkDown text, thus:

[This is an action](omnifocus:///task/cy_7MATLtiQ)

Creates a clickable link when the document is rendered as HTML, PDF, RTF, etc.

I'd love to have something that integrates something like the QuickEntry panel and putting the omnifocus:/// onto the clipboard after the action is created, without having to break stride, switch to OF, grab the link, and go back to my document.

I suppose this could be a feature request, but also seems doable with a script. Any ideas?