The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The OmniFocus Pre-Sale has begun! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just in case you missed the blog, the announce list, the message of the day or the sudden concentration of excitement coming from a little building in Seattle and/or the Greater Seattle area, a pre-sale on OmniFocus has begun!

Ethan has created a new video and there's also a quick reference chart for those who are interested.

Additionally, we'd like to take a moment to thank all of you here who have helped us, helped each other and taken so much of your own time to contribute to this project. We know we're not done yet, but it feels like a good time to say "Thanks", so... Thanks! And please keep the feedback coming! We really appreciate all your help. :-)

Last edited by kaebot; 2007-11-16 at 12:49 PM..

Congrats to the entire Omni team!

Ordered... Ker-ching!

Well done guys. It's been great seeing the development of the Alpha Builds, can't wait to see how things shape up over the next couple of months!

Fabulous news. I immediately went to order, got all my info and credit card info entered in, but when I got to the Step 2 of the purchase, where you review your info, there was no SUBMIT button to go to the next step!

I am using OW 5.7 Sneaky Peak, so maybe that's the problem?

I can't wait to order! OF is so great.

Kudos to the Ninjas and everyone at OW.

Update:
Just tried to order in Safari (3.0.4) and when I get to the submission stage, there's no SUBMIT button.

Last edited by mettarefuge; 2007-11-16 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: to update information

Thanks for all the hard work on this app! I'm looking forward to all the polish that will be applied between now and 1/8/08 - MacWorld!

mettarefuge: It's working for me with the OW sneaky peeks. You're looking for a dark green button in the lower right corner labeled "Submit Order". Check that it isn't just scrolled off the right edge of your screen.

Last edited by Lizard; 2007-11-16 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: clarifying whose post I'm responding to

Family Pack Purchased

As someone who has been following this list, I know how much work has gone into this program. However, I think that the average "civilian" is going to see the price as excessive. However much stuff there is under the hood, it seems like a very simple program. Again, I realize all the work and talent it took to make it that simple seeming. But realistically, I think you should be looking to perceived value a bit more in setting prices. Another factor is that users of software like this tend to own several different products in this category. It takes a bit of jumping around before the right product is found. And "trial periods" are not sufficient for really testing this kind of product. So you need to consider that a person has already spent a bit on productivity products, which didn't satisfy him, and will be a bit cynical about Yet Another one.

Okay, that's my price spiel. I will not be reading the responses to this thread. I know that this topic generates a lot of emotion, and I know that this forum is full of true believers. Carry on the discussion without me. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty Crunch View Post
I think that the average "civilian" is going to see the price as excessive.
I had the same reaction. $40 seems like the perfect price; I was surprised that it will retail for twice as much. It could be the most expensive GTD program around!

I too am very surprised at the retail price. I really thought it would've been $40 retail, with maybe $29.95 pre-order or something. I bet a lot of people will pass this up because of the price honestly. While I really like the program, spending $40 on GTD software just is excessive.