The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problems using shared OO documents Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I keep some OmniOutliner documents in the Shared folder, the one that is accessible to different accounts.

The "Get Info" for the documents enables reading and writing for the two accounts on my MacBook Pro. Each account is an administrator account and in fact I am the user of each account.

I have OS X Lion and when I open an OO document in the Shared folder and make changes then try to Save it, I get a dialogue box which says:
The document "Document Name" could not be saved, the file is locked, do you want to save it anyway?
Regardless of if I click "Save Anyway" or "Cancel" I then get another dialogue saying:
The document "Document Name" could not be auto-saved, the file has been changed by another application.
This dialogue has additional info telling me of the consequences of clicking on "Revert" or "Save Anyway".

So, I click the "Save Anyway" button and a new folder appears at the same level as the document with a randomly generated name. It contains a file called "contents.xml".

I would like OmniOutliner to behave normally in my Shared folder. I have Pages documents there and a FileMaker Pro database and they seem to work fine.

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions as to what might be going wrong?

Thank you

Check this in the Apple Support Forums.

I've seen the answer but don't want to misquote it.

Hi

I would be grateful if you would provide a bit more information about this.

Searching Apple's forums for anything related to "permission problems" brings up a vast number of things rather obviously.

You don't want to quote what you have seen, but why don't you just copy and paste it?