The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AppleScript move command Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
<UPDATE> I've created the following thread in the Developper section which contains the same question:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=23131

Hi,

I just wrote a piece of AppleScript which moves some rows to a subsection.
I wanted to write minimum stuff, using the move command, but it appears that if I use it, the rows are only deleted, and not copied to where I want.
So, as a workaround, I had to first duplicate them, and then delete them.

Here's an example of what I've done:

Code:
duplicate (every child of theRow whose state is checked) to end of children of oDoneSection
delete (every child of theRow whose state is checked)
Here's what I wanted to write (which should basically do the same):
Code:
move (every child of theRow whose state is checked) to end of children of oDoneSection
Has anyone experienced trouble with the move command??

Thanks,
Bertrand

Last edited by bholveck; 2012-01-05 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: Found the AppleScript section in the forum!

I find that this works:

Code:
tell application id "OOut"
	tell front document
		set {rowList, rowDone} to {child 1, child 2}

set refDone to a reference to (children of rowList where state is checked)
		move refDone to end of children of rowDone

end tell
end tell

Thanks Rob,
I don't really understand why applying the move on a reference works better.

It seems like this is helping the internal events sequence of a move not messing with the data.

At least I've learned something new!

Bertrand

Well, the reference is a pointer to the thing itself, rather than the address of a copy.

Reminds me of that choice (often quite puzzling at 6am, I find) between brushing one's teeth and trying to brush the reflected teeth in the mirror ...